I have good plans on slipping into something fabulous tonight, and heading out to catch the opening of Sex and the City. With that in mind, I have the couture itch! Lucky for me my friend Moxie Polano of Haute Style & Co., was willing to scratch it for me!! She slipped me a delicious treat, in this Designer Sketch Gown. Is is inspired by the Christian Dior Fall 07 Couture line, so it might be familiar to a few of you. Moxie put a lot of time and effort into creating something completely different, regardless of the inspiration. I managed to dig up a photo of the original, so you can see where she came up with it all.

I was so excited when she sent it to me, and when I put it ALL on, was even more so. I cannot say that the texturing is "realistic" or more that it has real material qualities, because, well that just wasn't where she was going with this. It would be extremely unlikely that you will find anything like this in SL, which is what makes it even more wonderful. While it has the sketch look, it is still pulled together very well; sculpted sash, and bow, as well as a really wonderful hat that comes with the ensemble. The trim detail on these items, as well as the SHOES that you get with it also (I am not wearing them, simply because my pink slingbacks were screaming to come out of the shoebox), are just wonderful! There is a lot of prim transparent textures, that have a soft lacy look. The colors are vibrant and fun, and I can promise you will stand out in the crowd!

Unfortunately for you all, this delicious gown is not available for another 3 weeks....Lucky me! =)

On that note, I have sufficiently fed the couture cravings, and can go dig up my louis bag & bvulgargi shades, so I can hit the theatre. I will deny the ache, and pain of - - missing the old NY lifestyle, as well as my personal versions of Samantha, Charlotte & Miranda - - and will simply drown myself in the 2 + hours of heaven.....Can anyone say "Hellooo Loover!"


Need to knows:

Skin: Celestial Studios Vogue Skin - Canimal Glow (Pink) - Amber
Eyes: Redgrave - Julia (Romantic Green)
Lashes: Celestial Studios - Prim Lashes
Hair: ETD - Aiiyanna (Blondes II - Honey Burnt)
Shoes: Armidi Gisaci - Barcelona Slingback (Persian Pink)
Bracelet: Armidi Gisaci - Metallic Tres Bangles
Earrings: Yummy - Beaded Hoop

2 comments:

Unknown said...

3 weeks?? nuuuu!

Felicity Blumenthal said...

I know, 3 weeks is an eternity in SL. However, on the upside...I believe there is going to be quite a few new releases!!